Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sometimes nothing goes as planned....but that's okay




On normal weekdays, I go back down for a nap with Reese while the older kids go to school in the morning since I am usually exhausted after being woke up a couple times throughout the night for feedings still. However, this morning was different....it was the morning of the day that Reese would get her 3 month pictures taken. I was so excited. Seriously more excited then Christmas morning so there was no way I could fall back asleep. I spent the morning packing a bag with a couple outfits for pictures, searching all over for her black leggings which I never did find, and then I woke Reese up to give her a bath. The morning started of a little rocky though...I had woken up with a bug bite of some sort on my booty. Yes some nasty bug thought my butt would be fun to bite I guess. Then after I gave Reese her bath and dressed her in her first picture outfit....I layed her down with some of her toys so I could throw something on myself that wasn't puke stained. It is a big accomplishment for me if I manage to change my clothes or get a shower these days. Reese played for about 10 minutes before puking all over. Luckily I had a huge bib on her so she didn't get it on her outfit, BUT she was laying on her back so it all pooled around to the back of her head. Wonderful! Her clean hair was now puke hair. I wiped it off as best I could...we were running late & I wasn't gonna have time for another bath for her at that moment. HEY..don't judge me! It was the back of her hair anyways and actually worked nice like gel ;) About 2 minutes after the puke incident, Reese decided she wanted to take a BIG morning poo! Nice Ree. Real nice. YES I did change her diaper! THAT couldn't wait til after pics!!! lol. By this time my nice booty bite was starting to swell and itch...nothing better then itchy booty, but I was on a mission to get my baby girl to her very first picture shoot. We rushed down to the bus stop and picked up Trace. Once we met my sister at the mall, we were a little early for the picture shoot so we ran down to payless to buy Trace some new shoes. I managed to talk him into a pair that was on clearance and he proceeded to show me how much faster he could run with new shoes on! And said "HEY MOM...I can even walk on my tiptoes real good with these shoes!" Uh no son, no need to show me how you walk on your tip toes. Man up would ya!? By this time my hands were getting super itchy and were starting to swell too....I had no idea what had bit me, but I had a feeling that it was starting to effect more then just my butt! Photo shoot started at 1 and I would be lying if I said that I wasn't a little disappointed. I had such high hopes and then Reese was starting to get tired. She wasn't too bad, not really cranky but she was tired and giving me her tired eyes with not much of a smile. I did manage to get one crooked, kind of cocky looking smile out of her. The photographer wasn't as involved or helpful as I hoped she would be...she seemed kind of new to it like maybe she didn't have kids of her own. All in all I was satisfied with a handful of pics so I guess that it was a success afterall. Shelly & I decided after I picked out several poses and paid for them that I would feed Reese & then run her down to Sears for a 2nd photo shoot to see if those pics would turn out any better. However, Reese had other plans and quickly fell asleep...I thought even sleeping pics of her would be cute but when we walked down to Sears...their photography studio was closed for lunch. Bummer. Oh well, at least I did get a few good shots of her already. Plus by this time the itching and swelling was becoming unbearable. I wanted to shop, but I was having a horrible allergic reaction and couldn't get out of the mall fast enough. You KNOW it must be bad if I leave the mall to go to urgent care! Thankfully Shelly took Trace & Reese for me. By the time I walked into urgent care my hands, fingers, arms, and feet were swollen and itchy. I was taking my shoes and socks off as I was walking in the door cause the itching was so painful. My left thumb hurt because it swelled so big and I had welts along my arm. They immediately got me in the back and gave me two shots & then I had to wait while they observed. Thankfully the one shot for the itching kicked in pretty quickly so that was a huge relief! The Dr. said it was a definate allergic reaction to something, but they have no idea exactly what caused it. I came home and slept for a few hours so now it is 3:12 a.m. and Reese is staying the night at Shelly's house so tonight I can actually SLEEP without getting up to feed a baby and wouldn't ya know that I am wide awake!!! P.S. Don't be jealous Kenny that Shelly made it onto "Angie and Kevin plus 7". You will eventually have your moment to shine in the spotlight ;)

1 comment:

  1. I think the pics turned out great, I always feel disappointed after pics because nothing ever is as I envisioned..

    ReplyDelete