Saturday, February 5, 2011

LOVE my babies!

Have I said lately how amazing my kids are? They all are, but this particular blog I have to dedicate to Ally & Cayden....hmmmm, well and a funny story of Reese. The rest of the gang is at the condo this weekend so the 3 kids and I had the weekend at home together. Today was a BIG day for Reesie! Aunt Shelly & Jillian stopped over and Reese was sleeping. I woke her up to visit & changed her diaper right away. Within 2 minutes of changing her into a dry diaper...in typical "Reese fashion", she looks at me...squats down and starts to grunt. "NO NO NO REESE! I JUST changed YOU!" So then I get this bright idea that I will put her on the big girl potty. Granted she is only 15 mos. old, but never to soon to start right? After all...The Fockers cat Jinxy can go on the potty AND flush the toilet!!! So I strip Reese down bare booty naked and she whimpers and cries like she is scared of the big potty, but then she starts to grunt and push. Shelly, Jillian, Cayden, & I are all standing in the bathroom saying "you can do it Reese...PUSHHHHHHHH!" She wimpers a little more, grunts and then ...... and then.... ploop ploop ploop. I raise my eyebrows up...smile real big...check the potty and sure enough...SHE DID IT! ... YAY! We all clap and say "YAY REESIE!" I take her off the potty and point down in the toilet to show her....look Reese...look what Reese did!? Reesie poo poo'd...BIG GIRL Reese!" She smiles, laughs, claps her hands.... and THEN....just like an excited dog would do....she pees all over her feet, my feet, and the floor and stands there naked and giggles! UGH REESE! I guess only one thing at a time can be accomplished. So today, 2/5/11 I announce that Reese Michelle poo poo'd on the potty for the VERY FIRST TIME! Proud mommy moment! I even took a picture of the poo. Hey, don't judge me! So later this afternoon....Reese heads off to spend some time with her dad so I have the whole afternoon & evening for just Ally & Cayden. I was really happy to be able to have some alone time with both of them. 3 days ago I had to break the news to them that Paul's cancer is back. It was heart breaking news for all of us. No child should ever have to hear that their daddy, their hero....is sick again. :( Their heartaches and tears are my heartaches and tears. Watching them in so much pain literally broke my heart. We all HATE cancer! Paul has always ate healthy, exercised, and never smoked a day in his life. I don't understand how this can happen to my kids "superman", but I do know that in true "superman" fashion...Paul will fight this again and WIN! He has too much to live for! So today, Ally & Cayden deserved a "me day" in my opinion. We went on a little shopping spree and just had hours of fun hanging out, buying clothes, going to the candy store, getting playstation games....just whatever their hearts desire. I normally don't spoil them so much, but I wanted to today and so I did. It was so much fun. Unfortunately, cancer is now part of their vocabulary and never far from their minds. Throughout the day there were questions that would pop up here and there like "mom, will our schedule with dad change now that he has cancer?" Then maybe an hour later "mom, does chemo cost money?" Then a couple hours after that... "mom, when our dad throws up from the cancer, we can't get what makes him throw up and start throwing up too can we?" Even during our happiest of moments, cancer is still there. They are scared and have questions. Please pray for Paul and please pray for this journey that my kids are on. Please pray for me to have the strength to answer these questions...I don't know all the right answers, but I am trying. I am trying. I love you Ally & Cayden. You both deserve the happiest of HAPPY that the world can bring you!

No comments:

Post a Comment