Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Where has the time gone...

I am so sad that Valentines Day is right around the corner and I haven't found time to write since LAST Valentines!!! I started 4Inspiration on facebook and it took off much faster then I had ever expected or dreamed it would. Between the business and the kids....life was just, um, well CHAOS! So much has happened this past year & OMG how BIG the kids are getting! This year we entered full throttle into the middle school/boyfriend/girlfriend/hormones/attitudes stage. It makes me appreciate the imagination of Trace a little more and the innocence of Reese. Why can't we just freeze time? Being a blended family has had many ups and downs, but here we stand all together still. The kids are going through different stages constantly and it is always important to try to make them all to feel special. Recently our family has really gone through some tough times. We have had this court battle regarding Kevin's kids (my stepkids) and to read what we were being accused of was .... heart wrenching. Their mother was fighting for full custody and a lot of the lies that were told will be hard to ever forgive. To hear someone say you have beaten a child to the point that they have memory loss and blackouts....to say you tell the children you don't love them and would be better off without them in your life...those are just a couple of examples of what I was being labeled as. My bond with Megan has always been very tight. She is a special little girl and so very sweet. Over this past year....Kammi and I have really been getting so much closer too. She has always been a bit of a momma's girl and I never wanted to step on anyones toes, but I have to tell ya...it feels so good to hear her ask to spend weekends with me. On New Years Eve she didn't want to go with mom or dad, but instead chose to go with me to ring in the New Year, and then last weekend she was going to go up with Kevin to the condo skiing, but I had to stay behind for Cayden's first basketball game and so she sweetly came up and asked if she could spend the weekend with me instead. For Kammi to get to this point....it makes me smile. On Sunday...her and Ally climbed in bed with me and we had "girl time" where we giggled and talked and just hung out. THOSE are the moments that I have to remember to keep me very calm when I am being faced with "child abuse" accussations & more. I realize that the "BIG" picture of this whole court date was about "money" and not REALLY thinking we do all the horrible things to the kids that we were being accused of, but what I don't get....is if you want money...just say "I am going to take you to court for child support". Why say all the lies, all the hurtful things, and fill the kids heads with more then any child should have to hear!? THAT I don't get. I don't get that at all. Sooooo, court was today. My mom came with kevin and I for support. The Judge spoke privately with each of the attorneys and then referred the case to friend of the court. He threw out all the nonsense lies without us even having to see the inside of the courtroom! He was very familiar with the case because unfortunately this isn't our first time in court. He took a look at the names and what we were being accused of and didn't even see us. I have prayed for a long time for the TRUTH. That is all I wanted was for the truth to come out. If she wants money from us, then fine...no problem paying money, but the rest of it....just sick. I'm glad that the Judge wasn't in the mood for the high school drama and BS. We only want was is best for the kids and in our opinion....it is always best for the kids to see both mom and dad. However, we are very concerned with the "things" being said to the kids and don't really know if that is healthy for them either. What to do what to do??? Thank you everyone for your support during this difficult time. It is always hard to hear horrible things about yourself and God knows that we all have a past and make mistakes sometimes, but when the horrible things are lies and involve the children.....it was really hard on all of us. Continue to pray for the best outcome for all of us. Right now, everything in the world is as it should be.

4 comments:

  1. "Unfriended"! Ugh, disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) You should have read all of what she said. It was absolutely disgusting! And some of it was just stupid...like Kevin and I both smoke in our home and around the kids even though they have health problems. WTH? Where does she come up with this stuff!? Last I checked...neither of us smoke??? Maybe I have memory loss and blackouts and that is when I smoke??? It was just crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Odd. So odd.. I can't tell you how many times I got unfriended and then friended again by her.. and why? I don't even talk to her lol. I'm glad everything worked out for you guys... the truth always comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Angie! My stepson's mom is just like that too! Except for, the lies she makes up...they're actually happening at her house. She let her husband physically abuse my stepson, which is how we went from having visitation every other weekend to having full custody!

    ReplyDelete